- 2 pounds pork tenderloin 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 1 hr
Ready in: 1 hr 30 min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place pork in a 9×13 inch baking dish, and sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Top with onion and celery, and pour wine over all.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- When done baking, remove meat from baking dish, and place on a serving platter. Pour gravy mix into baking dish with wine and cooking juices, and stir until thickened. Slice meat, and cover with the gravy.
Amount per serving (4 servings total)
- Calories: 400 kcal
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbs: 8.2 g
- Protein: 47.8 g
- Be sure to use a meat thermometer and do not overcook!!
- You can use 1 cup wine and ½ cup water ½ beef broth, instead of 2 cups wine.
- It is a good idea to sear the tenderloin in a little oil, then placed in the baking dish.